Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Meet Candace McAvoy

Candace McAvoy is the heroine of the second book in the McKinley's Jewel series. See what she has to say about her adventure in the past.

First off, I wouldn't call myself a heroine. I got caught in the past and can't find a way back to my own time. In my time I'm known for being a big flirt. I admit it's got me into some trouble but I don't let that bother me. I know exactly where to draw the line and I never let anyone cross it. I haven't figured out what I'm looking for. I only know what it is I don't want. You'd think that in itself would be a help but it hasn't been.

I've been stuck in the past for a couple months now and that Baron Lynsdale has been trying to get information from me that I don't have. He thinks I'm hiding the McKinley jewels. It doesn't matter that he has no rights at all to them but as long as he thinks I know where they are he's not about to leave me alone. I'd rather stay in the kitchen where I've been working as a scullery maid (not my choice of occupation) than have anything to do with him. (This place could use a social director)  Of course, the choice isn't mine and I'm about to get married. Can you picture me, a modern gal, tied to an overweight, overbearing member of the nobility? Not on your life, but trapped as I am between him and his brother-in-law who happens to be the current laird...I don't see a way out of this mess.

Of course, the hero comes along just in the nick of time. I have to admit, he's a good looking guy in spite of his rough edges. I wouldn't call him handsome, but if he can get me out of this mess, it would be a first. I've never had a man defend me before and I should have known better. Nate Granger is like all the rest of them. He's got his ulterior motive too. How do I keep getting into these messes?

Like it or not, I'm stuck with Granger. The only advantage is that at the moment he's the lesser of two evils. Now if I could get free of him and find my way back to my own time. I'd be thrilled. But you know what they say about being careful what you wish for?

You'll have to read Fool's Gold to find out if I manage to escape the past, and Nate with it. I can tell you this. There are a couple unexpected surprises in the story.

1 comment:

Angela Drake said...

Boy do I understand, Candace. Being careful what you wish for opens up a whole new set of problems. But we gals are tough. We will prevail!