Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Meet Bonnie-Jean Russell

Hi,  I'm Bonnie-Jean Russell. I'm the personal assistant to David McKinley, the current laird of the clan McKinley. When I first took the job I didn't realize how much work it would entail. Not only do I keep track of his personal itinerary, but I also run the tourist business in the castle. Sometimes I fill in when the staff is short-handed. It means every day is busy and I never know what's going to happen.

Take the Portrait Gallery for instance. I sometimes spend my break time there, studying the portraits of David's ancestors. There's even one who could be his twin brother, the resemblance is so strong. Then there's the portal which I discovered quite by accident. Now that was quite an adventure but it was only the beginning of something bigger.

What's it like working for David? At times it can be difficult since he's a rather private person. He sometimes forgets why he hired me. Most of the time he counts on me to run interference so he doesn't have to deal with the tourists that come through the castle almost everyday. I have to remind him on occasion that it's good business to be seen now and again so people don't think he's a bit of fiction.

The one time he doesn't mind mingling is when we hold the annual charity ball. Every year it has a specific theme, and of course, he leaves it up to me to come up with that. Sometimes I wonder how he ever got along without me. This year's ball is proving to be a nail-biter. There are things going on I have no control over and I can only hope the problems will be solved before the ball really gets going.

I could tell you what's going on but I don't want to spoil the adventure. I can tell you that David ends up in a peck of trouble and it isn't easy trying to find a way to free him of it. I've been recording all the things going on and now it's an open book.

You can find out how we solve an old mystery and get tangled up in time. McKinley's Jewel has all the answers.  (Well... Almost.  Candace and Andrew will have something of their own stories to add as well. Can't wait to see that.)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Bonnie_Jean, you do an amazing job keeping things running smoothly. Though it might seem like a fairy tale to some, I'm sure working for the laird has it's challengs... no matter how handsome he might be. Thanks for dropping by Meryl's and chatting!