Total Pageviews

Monday, July 2, 2012

Meet David McKinley

He is clan laird and unlikely hero, but I'll let him tell you what he thinks about things.

My name is David McKinley. Actually, there's more to it but first and last is enough. When my father died a few years ago, I became laird of this branch of the clan and from what I've been told, I'm next in line for clan chieftain since the current chieftain has no heirs. I'm not particularly looking forward to the promotion--if you can call it that--since it will mean being out in public more. I know it would be an honor but given my penchant for privacy...well... The job is not a problem at the moment.

I'm not the sort of man who enjoys being in the public eye. That's why I have a personal assistant, to take care of all that 'public' stuff for me. I do have business meetings and make frequent trips, but I deal strictly with people I've known most of my life. I trust them implicitly. As to the rest of it...

Bonnie-Jean Russell has been my personal assistant almost as long as I've been laird and still, there's little I know about her beyond her abilities to handle her job. Never have I seen a more efficient assistant. She not only keeps track of my itinerary but she keeps the castle tourism business running smoothly. (She has a knack for catching me leaving and manages to cajole me into take pictures with tourists. She says it's good for business. I might question that.) I don't know how she does it but--she does. To my knowledge she has yet to confront a problem she can't solve. I have great admiration for the woman and I know if I'm not careful, said admiration could become something more. And that is a fate I should avoid for all I'm worth because I know it would change my life drastically. I like things just as they are.

At the moment, my dear assistant is looking into a clan...legend...if you will. It's something to do with a pouch of gemstones. Frankly I don't believe the tale but what she does in her spare time is her own business. I do have this nagging feeling that her curiosity is going to have an impact on some things around here.

 I leave it to Bonnie-Jean to relate the tale of whatever she discovers. She's best at that and appears to be on good terms with Marissa. I just hope the whole business doesn't require much involvement on my part. www.spellbynder.webs.com/mckinleysjewel

1 comment:

Angela Drake said...

You've showcased David well. For someone non-public, it was kind of him to drop in and chat for a bit. I look forward to hearing from his assistant.