Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Where'd The Time Go???

Hard to believe that half the year is gone. It seems as if only yesterday I was setting goals for the year. Now that I look back at the last six months I find  I'm far from a half-way point in getting done what I set out to do.

I know you have to make allowances for things to happen. That's how life is. In some cases I like to invoke Murphy's Law. You know the one that states if something can go wrong, you can count on it happening. Well, that's the gist of it, anyway. Murphy seems to enjoy taking his vacation time here but I think he's long past due to get the boot. If only he would stop being elusive long enough to allow me to do the deed. Then maybe something would get finished around here. I'd rather be yelled at by unhappy characters than have to deal with unwanted shenanigans or unhappy events.

Summer is the season when I get the least done.  I'd rather have dry heat than live with humidity. This is the time when I feel as if my brain has gone to mush...or water-logged. Every day that passes is a day closer to more comfortable weather and productive time. I can't say I don't get anything done, because I do accomplish some things. When I can't sleep because of the muggies I sometimes pull out a craft project and work on it for a while. (I've got a half dozen lap afghans done). Come autumn I expect to be starting a new project -- a quilt for a wedding gift.

In the meantime, I let those pesky characters have their say, hoping they'll come up with something interesting. I've been waiting ten years for one in particular to speak up and he's finally decided to open his mouth. Slowly, but surely he's voicing his frustration over his situation, or rather, the lack of action on the part of others. (Who knows? Maybe Murphy has been harassing him as well) I suppose the lack of verbalizing from the others means they're about as mushed brain as I am.

At least I have another six months to put together their hopes, dreams and frustrations. Who knows... maybe by the end of the year I'll have at least caught up on my goals. And if there is any justice, Murphy will be gone and leave us in peace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a sneak peek to "Lady of My Heart".  It follows "To Every Love There Is a Season."

Since I cannot have one daughter, I will take the other. To come after us will guarantee her death.

The words kept going round and round in the stable boy's head, like a cart whell on a rutted road -- hard and pitiless. Geoffrey tried to push them out of his mind, push away the anger that accompanied them. There was no question as to who had abducted the duke's younger daughter. The problem was no one could find them. That  fact alone rekindled Geoffrey's temper. Why had no one heard the least bit of gossip? Why could no one find even a single hint of where Lady Katherine might have been or where she might be going? After all, Nicholas would never consider traveling without a dozen soldiers for protection. He could defend himself, inadequately, but nothing more. And to keep Kitty from trying to escape from him? No, Nicholas would depend on others to do what he should be able to do himself.

Or would he?
 

No comments: